Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting
with Noël Janis-Norton
Tired of repeating, reminding and nagging?
Upset with your children not doing what you ask?
Do you wish family life were calmer, easier and happier?
Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting is every parent’s goal, but it’s easy to lose patience when our children don’t listen or cooperate. We can often end up repeating, reminding, negotiating or yelling just to get our kids to do the simple things they need to do each day. There is a better way.
Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting will give you 5 simple and practical strategies you can immediately use to help your children start doing what you ask them to do – the first time you ask.
What a concept! This is absolutely achievable when you start using these positive, respectful and powerful strategies. And here’s even better news. With these techniques, your kids will become not only more cooperative, but also more confident, self-reliant, motivated and considerate. Join me for this course and you’ll have the skills you need to develop these important qualities in your children.
Between each session, you’ll have a week to practice the skill you learned in the class along with “parenting homework”. At the beginning of the next class, we’ll talk about what is working and troubleshoot any behavior challenges you may be experiencing before moving on to the next Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting skill.
With these skills, you can transform family life:
- Mornings and bedtime routines become smoother and speedier
- Your kids become “1st-time listeners”
- Tantrums, frustration, anger and anxiety diminish
- All transitions become smoother and easier
Even very resistant kids start saying 'yes' instead of 'no'
Work directly with Noël Janis-Norton in this revolutionary 5-week course and master 5 strategies every parent must know to raise cooperative, confident and self-reliant kids.
Who Should Attend?
Parents* of children aged 3 - 13 who would like more cooperation, less stress and a better relationship with your kids.
Psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, teachers - any professionals working with children and families who want to learn practical skills that bring out the best in kids, helping them to become more cooperative, confident, motivated, self-reliant and considerate.
Parents of children with special needs. All techniques are also effective for kids with a broad range of special needs.
*We recommend that both parents take this course together for best results
What You'll Learn
Week 1. The Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting Promise
- What you can achieve with Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting
- What being in charge really means and why it’s essential
- What does and doesn’t work to get our kids to listen and cooperate
- The #1 way to motivate kids to want to listen to you: Descriptive Praise
The best way to boost your child’s confidence and self-reliance
Week 2. Preparing for Success: Simple Strategies that Prevent Behavior Problems.
- Simple ways to plan so that things go right instead of reacting when things go wrong
- Discover a strategy that works to help your child know what he needs to do, remember what he needs to do and to do it without any reminders!
- The key to establishing effective rules and making them stick
- How to reduce your child’s resistance to almost anything
- The best way to reduce negative attention-seeking behavior
Achieving self-reliance: One of our ultimate aims for our children
Week 3. The Best Way to Reduce Whining, Anger, Frustration and Anxiety: How to Reflectively Listen.
- What triggers whining, anger and frustration: Giving children what they need vs. what they want
- An almost magical way to help your child move through feelings of anger, frustration and anxiety more quickly
- A proven technique for reducing tantrums and whining
- An effective way to respond so that your child feels heard and understood
A specific way of helping children to talk about uncomfortable feelings and to give them a vocabulary for articulating how they feel
Week 4. How to “Never Ask Twice”: Six simple steps to get your child to cooperate the first time, every time.
- A proven method for getting kids to cooperate the first time you ask
- The best way to get kids to easily transition from one activity to the next thing they need to do
- A respectful and effective alternative to reminding, repeating and nagging
How to help even a very resistant child be willing to cooperate
Week 5. Rewards and Consequences That Work: How to follow through to minimize misbehavior and to maximize cooperation.
- How to stop misbehavior in its tracks
- How to make rewards motivating
- An effective way to get better behavior: Earning rewards vs. punishing by taking away privileges
- How to establish effective consequences that reduce misbehavior and teach kids the right thing to do in the future
- The best way to tame tantrums
More effective alternatives to time-outs
Dates & Tuition
Date & Time: This course is available now for immediate download!
What You’ll Get Out of the Course
- Calmer parents and calmer kids
- Kids who are more cooperative, confident and self-reliant
- Smoother morning, mealtime, bedtime and homework routines
- Improved relationships with your children – more respect, more consideration
- Less stress and a calmer, easier, happier family life!
CDs for the Course
About Noël Janis-Norton
Noël Janis-Norton, creator of Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting, is internationally known for her unique Positive, Firm and Consistent teaching methods and her practical and effective techniques that help children to become more cooperative, confident and self-reliant.
Rather than presenting theory, Noël’s focus is on teaching parents practical strategies that they can immediately use to improve family life. Her seminars offer a refreshing mixture of common sense about children and specialized knowledge about child development and specific difficulties with learning and behavior.
A graduate of teacher-training college at New York University, Noël’s early success in teaching and managing behavior in the classroom naturally led to consulting with families. She began sharing the specific strategies that she found worked right away to help children become not only more cooperative, but also more confident, motivated, self-reliant and considerate. Gradually, she put all the strategies into one comprehensive package and named the method Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting.
Noël is the founder and director of The Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting Centre in London, where classes are offered year-round for parents and teaching professionals. Noël’s parenting strategies have been the subject of numerous books, newspaper columns and television features in England and the U.S. She is the author of five books for parents and teachers, and her newest book, Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting, The Revolutionary Program That Transforms Family Life was published in the U.K. in May 2012 (Hodder & Stoughton) and will be published in the U.S. in April 2013 (Penguin). Noël is also the creator of the Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting Foundation Skills CD series and Special Topic CD and DVD series.
Noël Janis-Norton, creator of Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting, is an internationally renowned child behavior expert. In a career spanning more than forty years, Noël has transformed the lives of tens of thousands of families on both sides of the Atlantic with her practical and effective parenting techniques that vastly improve listening and cooperation and reduce family stress. Learn more about »