Nutrition for the Soul: Part 1
with Dr. Deanna Minich
- Are you tired of rollercoaster dieting and reading the latest books on how to eat?
- Do you crave a more meaningful relationship with food and your body?
- Are you looking for a way to nourish body, mind, and spirit with foods?
Nutrition for the Soul was developed for individuals who are ready to go beyond an ordinary and even dysfunctional relationship with foods consisting of confusion, guilt, food pyramids, diet books, endless dieting, and calorie counting and into the realm of finding satisfaction, fulfillment and meaning through eating...
In Nutrition for the Soul: Part 1, Dr. Deanna Minich will help you to bring together the poetry of eating with the everyday practicality of food selection and preparation to make eating a meaningful experience at the level of the basics of being human: being present in the body, flowing with emotions, and radiating personal power in your life.
She will take you several steps beyond changing “diet” and “lifestyle” to the heart of the issues relating to your relationship with food and tapping into your inner self. You will interface your eating endeavors with a variety of modalities including affirmations, meditation, and guided imagery, to name a few.
In this 4-week course you will be part of a group dialogue under the direction of Dr. Minich to redefine, reset and reinvigorate your relationship with food and eating in a way that will ripple out to the rest of your everyday living!
Who Should Attend?
- Seeks to redefine their relationship with food & eating
- Seeks ways to be in tune with body, mind and spirit as it relates to food & eating
- Seeks ways to have every meal be an opportunity for personal growth & healing
- Wants to bring together both science and spirituality in eating
What You'll Learn
Week 1. The Science & Spirituality of Food and Eating
- How to see eating as encompassing the opposites: poetry & practicality; the literal & symbolic, science & spirituality
- How the science of eating interfaces with the soul of nourishment
- Looking at the eating experience of a microcosm of one’s life
Week 2. Grounding, Instinct and Protein
- How to listen to the body when it comes to food
- Understanding instinct and how to pay attention to it
- Understanding the role of protein in feeling “grounded”
Week 3. Emotions, Flow and Fats
- How emotions impact eating
- The physiological and symbolic significance of cravings
- How fats influence flow and emotional expression in the body
Week 4. Power, Self-Esteem and Carbohydrates
- How eating foods can “take” or “give” energy
- How digestion is connected to one’s ability to process one’s life
- The role of simple and complex carbohydrates in changing one’s physiology and psychology
Dates & Tuition
Date & Time: This course is available now for immediate download!
(If cash is tight, we offer a "Pick Your Price" model where you can choose to pay $100/$75/$50. )
What Youâ€™ll Get Out of the Course
- A new way to interface with food and eating that can serve as a vehicle of personal growth
- The potential for a new relationship with food and eating
- A deep look at food and eating from the combined perspectives of science and spirituality.
Textbook for the Course
About Dr. Deanna Minich
Dr. Deanna Minich is an internationally-known nutritionist with more than fifteen years experience in the exciting field of nutrition. She has served food and dietary supplement industries as a nutrition expert since 2000 and began her private clinical practice in 2002. Her unique approach to nutrition originated from combining various facets of her background including academic training in medical sciences and human nutrition from the University of Groningen in the Netherlands (PhD in Medical Sciences and Nutrition) and University of Illinois at Chicago (Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Metabolism), along with her extensive study of energetic modalities such as Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and shamanic healing practices, Reiki, and intuitive assessment, and physical body cultivation through more than 20 years of yoga practice.
Her latest contributions include two books on food and spirituality: Chakra Foods for Optimum Health: A Guide to the Foods that Improve Your Energy, Inspire Creative Changes, Open Your Heart, and Heal Body, Mind, and Spirit (Conari Press, 2009) and Quantum Supplements: A Total Health and Wellness Makeover with Vitamins, Minerals, and Herbs (Conari Press, 2010).
She has also written a practical guide to deciphering food additives: An A to Z Guide to Food Additives: Never Eat What You Can’t Pronounce (Conari Press, 2009). Dr. Minich developed Nutrition for the Soul classes and teaches them in-person and through online teleclasses. A dynamic presenter, she has appeared on radio shows and has presented extensively on nutrition topics throughout the world. She is very passionate about assisting others on their path to good health and balanced living.
Praise for Dr. Deanna Minich
“Dr. Minich embodies health in presence and character. Her enthusiasm is contagious. This class bridges the spirit and science of not just food and eating, but of the self, to create a holistic approach to living that can nurture the body and the soul.”
“I have been fortunate to work with Deanna in one-on-one coaching sessions as well as study her work. I wanted to work with Deanna because I vowed to never go on a diet again and I needed some support in making this very scary decision. The most significant thing I gained in our work was recognizing how terrified I was of food because of all the hype on “eat this, don’t eat that”. In our sessions and through reading Chakra Foods for Optimum Health, I gained a new understanding of food and how it nourishes the body. I learned I can eat anything I want to eat and that my body will guide me. I learned that my body doesn’t like “junk food”, it likes and asks for real food. As someone who has been on diets since I was 10 years old and who has never suceeded on a diet, this process has been profound and life changing. I’m at the start of a great journey and learning to really experience food for the first time ever! Thank you Deanna!”
“Taking Deanna’s class has been a life changing experience. She has taught me so many healthy lifestyle skills that I will be able to use for the rest of my life and also to teach others. She is such an inspiring person and her words will forever inspire me.”
Dr. Deanna Minich is an internationally-known nutritionist with more than fifteen years experience in the exciting field of nutrition. She has served food and dietary supplement industries as a nutrition expert since 2000 and began her private clinical practice in 2002. Learn more about Dr. Deanna »