Living Buckminster Fuller’s
Vision of Abundance & Success:
Applying Fuller’s Wisdom, Solutions
& Strategies To Your Life
with Steven Sieden
Buckminster Fuller often said, “The most important thing about me is that I am an average human.” Still, he lived an amazing life of contribution that can serve as a model for us all.
Fuller lived the last 56 years of his life as an experiment to determine and document the difference that one individual could make on behalf of the people living on the planet he named Spaceship Earth. Among his accomplishments were:
- Being granted 25 U.S. patents.
- Writing 28 published books and thousands of articles.
- Receiving 47 honorary doctorates.
- Being presented with hundreds of major awards including nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Circling the globe 57 times working on projects and lecturing at a time before such travel was easy or the norm.
- Having the longest listing ever in “Who’s Who.”
- Presenting an average of 150 "thinking out loud" sessions per year (often labeled lectures, these would range from 2 to 6 or more hours), even when he was in his eighties.
- Maintaining an income of approximately $250,000 per year for the last 20 plus years of his life while keeping his pledge to never “work for a living.”
Still, during most of his presentation and in many of his writings, Bucky would remind people that:
- Others could accomplish far more than he had achieved.
- The reason he was speaking was that he had made more mistakes (he labeled them learning experiences) than anyone in the room.
- We have entered into a critical period in the history of humankind in which everyone’s contribution is important.
- Integrity is the key to anything successful.
- Following the template of Nature’s Generalized Principles is critical to human success.
- We each have the potential for success beyond our wildest dreams.
During this program, you will see how Fuller was able to do so much in one lifetime. We will use Steven Sieden’s new book A Fuller View, Buckminster Fuller’s Vision of Hope and Abundance for All as a guide to this extremely complex and insightful exploration. This initial series will focus on Chapter 1 of A Fuller View - “View, Universal Perspective.”
Although each session will build on the previous material, it will also stand as an independent module.
In this 4-week class work directly with Steven Sieden to apply the disciplines and strategies of Buckminster Fuller's life to your own!
Who Should Attend?
People who are interested in being genuine global citizens on board Spaceship Earth while living a fulfilling and abundant life of contribution beyond what most can imagine.
What You'll Learn
We will use two Bucky Fuller quotes as the core of each week’s exploration. Our conversation will delve into what these seemingly simple statements really mean and how we can best apply them to our lives.
Week 1. Beginning Your Journey
1. “Start with Universe.”
2. "I look for what needs to be done and then try to work out how to do it best. After all, that's how Universe designs itself."
- Finding your place to begin.
- Deciding what steps to consider taking and applying a broad perspective.
- The importance of “playing big.”
- The significance of the smallest detail.
Week 2. Playing in the New Paradigm
3. “We now have the resources, technology and knowhow to make of this world a 100% physical success.”
4. “Integrity is the essence of everything successful.”
- The end of war and competition as we shift from weaponry to livingry.
- A new paradigm of love, peace and cooperation - globally and personally.
- How to begin (or expand) this new paradigm shift in your life.
- Integrity - what is it, why is it important and how do you maintain it.
Week 3. Achieving Success with Ease
5. "In society, one individual can be a trim tab, making a major difference and changing the course of the gigantic ship of state. So I said, 'Call me Trim Tab.'”
6. "Nature always knows what to do when it takes over after humans have signed off. Nature never vacillates in its instantaneous decisions."
- Trimtab, the essence of doing the most with the least, and how to apply it.
- Actions and ventures that make the most sense.
- Knowing when to abandon a project - or not.
- Mirroring Nature in all your activities in order to succeed.
Week 4 - Including and Loving It All
7. “I don’t have any favorite places or people. I love the whole show. A large number of beautiful people have taught me a great deal, and I am deeply indebted to them for their support.”
8. “Love is metaphysical gravity.”
- The importance of including and embracing all people and ideas.
- Suspending judgment in order to move forward.
- Expressing gratitude for whatever appears.
- Love, the omnipresent factor that expands your view and achievements.
Dates & Tuition
Time and Date: This class is available for immediate download!
If cash is tight, we offer a "Pick Your Price" model where you can choose to pay $100/$75/$50.
(And, if cash is *super* tight, you can choose to apply for one of the limited number of scholarships available for this course! )
What Youâ€™ll Get Out of the Course
- A new sense of what is possible - in your life and throughout society.
- An opportunity to find and / or reconnect with your Core Purpose.
- An expanded vision of your role (and that of all humans) in the play of Universe.
- A glimpse into the vision and wisdom of Buckminster Fuller, who was labeled “the 20th Century Leonardo da Vinci” by Marshall McLuhan.
- An opportunity to reconnect with your innate natural genius.
- Practical advice for proceeding and succeeding as our planet and society continue to rapidly change and evolve.
Textbook for the Course
About Steven Sieden
Steven Sieden has been a student of and advocate for Dr. R. Buckminster Fuller since 1981. When Fuller died in July 1983, Steven began producing events using a portion of Fuller’s vast recorded archive. His work led to the 1988 biography Buckminster Fuller’s Universe (Basic Books 2000).
Since 1981, Steven has continued to study and apply Fuller’s wisdom to his own life while writing and lecturing on the lessons we can all learn from Fuller. For more information go to www.BuckyFullerNow.com or www.BuckminsterFullerNow.com.
Praise for Steven Sieden
"Buckminster Fuller was one of those world historic geniuses who reminded us of the extraordinary things that are possible, and inspires all of us to set about doing them! This book elucidates his thinking, honors his spirit and creates an enthusiasm for continuing his work.”
—Marianne Williamson, Author: A Return To Love and Healing the Soul of America
“Prepare to have your world turned upside down - or more correctly really right side up. There is enough food, energy and resources to support all the world's population at a very high standard of living. This book of great quotations from Buckminster Fuller - the 20th Century's Leonardo Di Vinci - shows us how to take evolution's next step as exemplified by the words of 42 guest commentators who are doing just that.”
—Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder Apple Computer and Chief Scientist Fusion-io
“Buckminster Fuller was one of the greatest teachers I have ever known. This new book, "A Fuller View" brings his incredible teachings into full view at a time when we need to hear his clear and wise voice as never before. I am grateful that Steven Sieden has put together this brilliant piece of work that everyone alive should read. It will blow your mind in the best possible way and set you on a path of truth, transformation and integrity. Buy it, read it, tell everyone! Bucky is back!”
—Lynne Twist, Author: The Soul of Money and Co-founder The Pachamama Alliance
“Buckminster Fuller manifested his dreams in a way that contributed to us all. Now, Steven Sieden restates Bucky’s vision so that we can all follow the path and wisdom of a great man in manifesting change and creating abundance. I recommend everyone read “A Fuller View” and recognize it as yet another message from the universe.”
—Mike Dooley, Author: tut.com Notes From the Universe and Manifesting Change
"These pages are bursting forth with wisdom, compassion, insight and exuberant discovery. A book to be read, and re-read, to be shared, absorbed and implemented. Timely, transformative, and deeply engaging, it opens new doors into the rich and brilliant legacy of Bucky Fuller."
—Velcrow Ripper, Director: Occupy Love; Fierce Light; Scared Sacred
"If there's anything as rewarding as reading Bucky Fuller, it is opening pages of dialogue with him by some of the heartiest minds of our time. The ongoing dialogue brings ongoing life. Praise to Steve Sieden for making this happen."
—Joanna Macy, Eco-philosopher, Buddhist scholar and author of: World As Lover, World As Self; Widening Circles
“Buckminster Fuller was a key guiding light for most of us still engaged around the world and striving to bring forth his vision of a just, peaceful, ecologically sustainable world. This book is one of the great literary treasures of the 21st Century.”
—Hazel Henderson, Author: Building a Win –Win World and Ethical Markets: Growing The Green Economy
“Steven Sieden has captured the many facets of Buckminster Fuller in a way that is both understandable and inspiring. The inclusion of wide array of Guest Commentators allows A Fuller View to provide a unique vision of Bucky’s comprehensive strategy and reminds us that we’re all in this together on the planet Bucky named Spaceship Earth.”
—John Robbins, Author: No Happy Cows; The Food Revolution; Diet for a New America; The A New Good Life
“A Fuller View let me see the remarkable man from many new facets of the unique polyvertexion that is Bucky. As powerful as Fuller's insights will always be, reading the impact his presence had on so many lives helped humanize one of the great minds of my lifetime.”
—Foster Gamble, Creator and Host of the THRIVE movie
“Bucky Fuller challenged the system and offered positive solutions to all our challenges - both global and personal. “A Fuller View” reminds us that each of us can make a difference, and using Bucky’s solutions will benefit us all. He’s one of my heroes and I’m so very proud to be included as a contributor.”
—Robert White, Executive Coach and author, Living an Extraordinary Life
“A Fuller View offers inspiration for how to respond creatively, compassionately and wisely to the myriad of opportunities and challenges of these times. A brilliant collection of insights from people who have taken Bucky’s wisdom to heart!”â€¨
—Dr. Joel Levey & Michelle Levey, Social architects and founders of WisdomAtWork.com. Authors: Luminous Mind; Wisdom at Work; Living in Balance
Steven Sieden has been a student of and advocate for Dr. R. Buckminster Fuller since 1981. Steven has continued to study and apply Fuller’s wisdom to his own life while writing and lecturing on the lessons we can all learn from Fuller. For more information go to www.BuckyFullerNow.com or www.BuckminsterFullerNow.com. Learn more about Steven »