How to Think Like Leonardo Da Vinci
with Michael Gelb
Thinking creatively, learning faster and staying centered, these abilities are at a premium in a rapidly changing and complex world. What if you could call on history’s greatest genius, Leonardo da Vinci, to be your personal mentor in cultivating these highly prized elements of human capital? Anatomist, architect, botanist, city planner, chef, engineer, equestrian, inventor, geographer, geologist, musician, painter, and philosopher, Leonardo da Vinci helped bring the Western world out of the Middle Ages and into the Renaissance. Now, his approach to optimizing human potential is more relevant than ever.
You will be guided to apply the 7 principles for thinking like Leonardo, through a proven series of practical exercises, to your deepest life questions. The da Vinci principles are:
• Curiosità – An insatiable quest for knowledge and continuous improvement
• Dimostrazione – Learning from experience
• Sensazione – Sharpening the senses
• Sfumato – Managing ambiguity and change
• Arte/Scienza – Whole-brain thinking
• Corporalità – Body-mind fitness
• Connessione – Systems thinking
Who Should Attend?
This inspiring and practical look at the essential elements of Leonardo da Vinci's genius will be great for all those committed to living an extraordinary life while enjoying the process.
What You'll Learn
Week 1 - An Introduction + Principle #1: Curiosità
- An Introduction - Leonardo da Vinci, the 7 principles of his genius, and how we can bring his brilliance to life!
- Principle #1: Curiosità - How to cultivate an insatiably curious approach to life and an unrelenting quest for continuous learning.
Week 2 - Principles #2 (Dimostrazione) + #3 (Sensazione)
- Principle #2: Dimostrazione - How to develop a commitment to test knowledge through experience, persistence, and a willingness to learn from mistakes.
- Principle #3: Sensazione - How to continually refine our the senses, especially sight, as the means to clarify experience.
Week 3 - Principles #4 (Sfumato) + #5 (Arte/Scienza)
- Principle #4: Sfumato (literally ‘Going up in Smoke’) - How to develop a willingness to embrace ambiguity, paradox, and uncertainty.
- Principle #5: Arte/Scienza - How to develop the balance between science and art, logic and imagination (‘Whole-brain thinking').
Week 4 - Principles #6 (Corporalità) + #7 (Connessione)
- Principle #6: Corporalità - How to cultivate grace, ambidexterity, fitness, and poise.
- Principle #7: Connessione - How to develop a recognition and appreciation for the connectedness of all things and phenomena ('Systems thinking').
Week 5 - Conclusion
- Bringing it all together so we can go out and get our genius on!
Dates & Tuition
Time & Date: This course is available now for immediate download!
Can't make the calls? No problem! Download an MP3 of the class the next day.
(If cash is tight, we offer a "Pick Your Price" model where you can choose to pay $125/$100/$50. And, if cash is *super* tight, you can apply for a scholarship!)
What Youâ€™ll Get Out of the Course
In this dynamic, highly-interactive program Michael Gelb brings da Vinci’s genius to life. You will learn how to:
• Make a Mind Map that integrates your life vision, values and goals
• Nurture creativity and innovation
• Put more Dolce in your Vita
• Find opportunity in uncertainty
• Improve memory and problem solving
• Balance mind and body to reduce stress
• Access and apply the real spiritual teachings of Leonardo
Leonardo da Vinci invented the parachute before anyone could fly. That’s thinking ahead! Imagine what you will accomplish when you learn the approach of humanity’s supreme archetype for the fulfillment of human potential.
Textbook for the Course
How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci by Michael Gelb
+ Other suggested titles:
- Audiobook — How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
- Workbook & Notebook — How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
- Musical Companion to How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
About Michael Gelb
Michael J. Gelb is the world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development. He is a pioneer in the fields of creative thinking, accelerated learning, and innovative leadership. Gelb leads seminars for organizations such as DuPont, Merck, Microsoft, Nike, Raytheon and YPO. He brings more than 30 years of experience as a professional speaker, seminar leader and organizational consultant to his diverse, international clientele.
Michael Gelb is the author of 12 books on creativity and innovation including the international best seller How to Think Like Leonardo Da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day. (1998) How to Think Like Leonardo has been translated into 25 languages and has appeared on the Washington Post, Amazon.com, and the New York Times best seller lists.
In 2007 Gelb released Innovate Like Edison: The Five Step System for Breakthrough Business Success, co-authored with Sarah Miller Caldicott, the great grand niece of Thomas Edison. As Professor Vijay Govindarajan, author of Ten Rules for Strategic Innovators noted, “This book is a must have for anyone who wants to turn creative ideas into profitable reality.”
In 1999, Michael Gelb won the Brain Trust Charity’s “Brain of the Year” award; others honorees include Prof. Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, Garry Kasparov and Gene Rodenberry. In 2003, Michael was awarded a Batten Fellowship by the University of Virginia’s Darden Graduate School of Business. Michael co-directs the acclaimed Leading Innovation Seminar at Darden with Professor James Clawson. Michael Gelb also serves as the Director of Creativity and Innovation Leadership for the Conscious Capitalism Institute.
A former professional juggler who once performed with the Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan, Gelb introduced the idea of teaching juggling as a means to promote accelerated learning and team-building. He is the author of The 5 Keys to High Performance: Juggling Your Way to Success. A fourth degree black belt in the Japanese martial art of Aikido, Gelb is co-author with International Grandmaster Raymond Keene, of Samurai Chess: Mastering Strategic Thinking Through the Martial Art of the Mind. Michael Gelb is also a certified teacher of the Alexander Technique, (the method taught at The Julliard School for cultivating commanding stage presence), and the author of the classic work: Body Learning: An Introduction to the Alexander Technique. Michael’s 1988 release Present Yourself! Captivate Your Audience with Great Presentation Skills guides readers to develop the communication strategies they need to generate support for their innovative ideas.
Michael has also created many best selling audio programs, include: Mind Mapping: How to Liberate Your Natural Genius, Work Like Da Vinci: Gaining the Creative Advantage in Your Business and Career and The Spirit of Leonardo.
Michael Gelb’s passion for applying genius thinking to personal and organizational development is also expressed in his Harper Collins release (2002) Discover Your Genius: How To Think Like History’s Ten Most Revolutionary Minds.
His most recent book is Wine Drinking For Inspired Thinking: Uncork Your Creative Juices, offers a unique, original and very enjoyable approach to team building.
His next book, to be published in January 2012 by New World Library, is Brain Power: Improve Your Mind As You Age.
Praise for Michael Gelb
"By capturing the very essence of Da Vinci’s life and genius...Michael Gelb guides us in a discovery and understanding of the boundlessness of our own full human potential."
—Dr. Deepak Chopra
"Michael Gelb brings us into the inner life of one of the deepest souls who ever lived. In this profound and practical book we learn the spirit charging rules of genius and how to apply them in our daily life. I have always wondered at the smile of the Mona Lisa. Perhaps while painting her, Leonardo was offering some of the mysteries that you will find in these pages."
—Jean Houston, PhD, author of The Possible Human
"Those who have watched Gelb in action know him as a master practitioner in many disciplines...A brilliant practical guide to awakening and training our vast, unused resources of intelligence and ability…get this book and stick with it."
—Ted Hughes, former Poet Laureate of Great Britain
“Michael Gelb makes the practical teachings of history’s greatest genius come alive for the modern world.”
—Tony Buzan, creator of Mind Mapping
“An ispirational practical guide to discovering your Da Vincian powers. I recommend it to anyone who wants to experience a personal or professional renaissance."
—Delano Lewis, former CEO of National Public Radio
“In a field cluttered with misinformation, Michael Gelb is an authentic source of practical wisdom for those who seek to develop their creative powers.”—Murray Gell-Mann, Nobel Laureate, Physics
Michael J. Gelb is the world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development. He is a pioneer in the fields of creative thinking, accelerated learning, and innovative leadership and author of the bestselling How To Think Like Leonardo da Vinci. Learn more about Michael »