The Shero's Journey
with Jennifer Louden
Stepping into Your Shero's Journey
* For women only. *
Do you shiver when you read Marianne Williamson’s quote, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure” and then feel confused?
“Me, powerful? And if so, what do I do with it?”
Do you keep feeling this huge desire to express yourself and this equally huge desire to make a difference – and then think, “Totally overwhelming, unbearably naive” or “Yes! But first let me raise the kids / get healthy / save more money and then I will…”
Are you hungry to do something creatively fulfilling that makes a real difference in the world, only it scares you so much, you keep doing what you’ve always done, until you are so bored, exhausted or cynical you no longer believe your “thing” is possible?
If these kinds of thoughts and feelings tie you in knots, and especially if you keep dismissing your desire to make a difference, you are being called to the she-ro’s journey – the call to transform the story of the future from doom and selfishness to a healthy, creative, fair and sustainable world.
Your she-ro’s journey is about a quest – the quest to claim your power, trust it, and use it transform the world - while following your truest desires. Your quest requires self-compassion, self-care, and doing what brings you alive – not martyrdom, burn out and proving yourself worthy.
If reading this makes you tremble, this is the course for you.
Join best-selling author and personal growth teacher Jen Louden, and a tribe of like-minded women, in recognizing and embracing your sh-ero’s journey.
The world needs your gifts more than ever – the time is now. Get the support you crave and deserve, and take your place as a leader and teacher. It’s time.
Who Should Attend?
- Women who keep putting off a dream, downgrading an idea, or hiding from their true desire
- Women betwixt-between — you may have been laid off, divorced, empty nest, or newly healthy
- Women who want to savor life and serve — not get burned out and overwhelmed
- Women who have a feeling of being called but keep stopping or getting confused
What You'll Learn
Week 1. Acknowledging the Call, Name the Quest
- No quest can begin until you are willing to hear, see and feel what is calling you
- No shero can be a shero until she decides what a shero is for herself
- Exploring the power and nature of creative desire
- How desire is different than mood
- How much clarity you need... and don’t need
- It might not be about making money.. and it might be
Week 2. Claiming the Power of Your Allies
- The role of self-trust and self-betrayal in your shero’s journey
- Seeing your own gifts and your own weaknesses
- Calling upon your lineage
- Naming the resources you need as a creative shero
Week 3. Naming the Dragons
- Who and what stands in your way
- Which dragons are to be slayed, which dragons are to befriended and which dragons are to be studied very carefully
- Fear and desire practices
- The body as your ally
Week 4. Savoring and Serving
- Sharing your creative calling
- What making a difference means to you or what will be different
- What is your destructive story of making a difference vs. your life giving story?
- How will you know you are living your shero’s journey?
- Self-compassion’s key role
Week 5. Living Your Shero’s Story
- The importance of action
- Why there is no there there
- Using Conditions of Enoughness to formulate a 6 week plan
Dates & Tuition
Time & Date: This class is available for immediate download!
What You’ll Get Out of the Course
- Sacred time, practical tools and loving support to stretch into your next level of creative expression and successful service
- Lots of ways to reframe and dissolve fear
- A way of framing your life’s struggles that you can use again and again to address your desire to express yourself and make a difference
- Like minded women to learn from and with
- Access to a mythic way of looking at your yearnings
- Laughter, inspiration, and deep soul nourishment
Textbook for the Course
The Life Organizer: A Woman's Guide to a Mindful Year by Jennifer Louden (suggested not required)
About Jennifer Louden
Jen Louden is a personal growth pioneer who help launch the self-care movement with her first book The Woman’s Comfort Book. She's the author of five more books on well-being and personal wisdom that have inspired more than a million women in 9 languages. Jen has been a regular columnist for Body & Soul magazine, a radio show host on Martha Stewart’s network, and a spokeswoman for companies like Real Networks and SC Johnson, and she sat on Orpah's couch. She helps creative people who want to change the world get to it. She believes self-love + world-love = wholeness for all. Visit Jen at http://JenniferLouden.com.
13 Things About Jennifer that Led Her to Here:
- Canoed around the world when I was 27 (okay, that’s a lie but I did canoe over 300 miles on the only north flowing river in the Western Hemisphere) with a Jungian analyst and a former rodeo star turned shaman.
- Wrote six books on well-being and personal wisdom that have sold just shy of 900,000 copies and have been printed in 9 languages.
- Led my first women’s retreat in the wilderness at 29.
- Gave birth at home.
- Studied ontological coaching at Newfield Network and have coached a bazillion amazing people.
- Launched a major content site at ComfortQueen.com in 2000 with over 100,000 unique monthly visitors and hundreds of contributors and a big on line store. Profitable our first year.
- Studied yoga and meditation since I was 12.
- Created popular licensed products including calendars that people still ask for. Stopped because I didn’t like making stuff.
- Found the good in the three years in which my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and my husband with leukemia, my Dad had fatal heart attack while I was in Italy, husband left to find himself, and I lost a big contract as a national spokesperson on the same day my dear friend died tragically. Did I mention the cat getting eaten by coyotes?
- Talked about self-kindness and women’s well-being on behalf of big brands like Real Networks, SC Johnson, and Procter & Gamble.
- Wrote a regular column for Body&Soul magazine and had a radio show on Martha Stewart’s Sirrius network.
- Worked my butt off to get on Oprah and then realized, walking off her stage, that wasn’t my real desire–precious life lesson.
- Walk around astonished by life most of the time.
Praise for Jennifer Louden
“You’re a voice of sanity and sincerity in a time when value too often gets canned in the name of ambition. You’re the real deal, Louden, a true teacher, and we seekers get a whole lot of nourishment from your well of wisdom.”
– Danielle LaPorte, WhiteHotTruth.com, author of The Fire Starter Sessions
"Attend Jennifer's retreats only if you want to transform! She should have a Surgeon General's warning that hanging in the creative and spirited mood she ignites can be habit forming, life-changing and downright...fun! THANK YOU!!!!!
“Jen, I wish that I could show you the places in my mind you have opened, the places in my heart you have healed, the places in my spirit you have enlivened. I wish I could show you, because they are real, not tangible, but real.”
– Joanna Meriwether
“Going on your retreat was life altering; it was life saving. I had completely lost myself. I was overweight. I was an emotional eater. My energy was low. And very rarely was I ever actually ‘present.’ I always had this nagging feeling that I should be doing something else.
After just 1 year:
- I’ve lost 40 (yes FORTY) pounds.
- I’m doing the work I love.
- I’m seeing incredible success serving people I love.
- I’m fully in joy in every single area of my life.
- I LOVE the present moments in my life.
- The quality of time I spend with my daughter and family has improved dramatically.
- I can honestly say ‘I’m Happy.’
Up until the retreat, it had been YEARS since I had taken any real me time. Jen, I can’t thank you enough for putting your work out in the world.”
– Jenn Givler
“The work you do is so valuable, so fine, so life changing for so many women. I personally know dozens of women who have you to thank for landmark changes they have made.”
“You led me to follow my true passion — I left health care administration and became a preschool art & music teacher, and I love it with all my heart! My work makes a difference in young people’s lives. I get to be a positive role model — and that brings me the greatest joy.”
“The other week, I listened to an MP3 of yours, and I felt like I was in the company of a cherished friend who knew how to nurture her soul, and yet also live in the real world (but not be burdened by it.) Just listening to you talk about your process of how to truly take care of yourself (and not just lip service!) …turning toward the question, ‘What do I need most, right now?’ You are such a role model and mentor to me.”
– Melissa D.
Jen Louden is the best-selling author of 6 books, including the pioneering best-sellers, The Woman's Comfort Book, and The Woman's Retreat Book. Her retreats are world-famous. She's the proud mom of a college freshman (How did that happen??), and the creator of the beloved course TeachNow. You can sign up for a free sampler of the TeachNow course, a live call on April 4th, here: www.TheTeachersPath.com! Learn more about Jennifer »